By enhancing the quality of life for the Pocatello's citizens and visitors, the Portneuf Greenway
promotes economic growth and helps create a more attractive and vibrant community.
Greenways . . .
- Provide people with access to outdoor recreation and enjoyment close to home.
- Promote public health and safety by encouraging physical fitness.
- Serve as sites for passive pursuits, such as picnicking, camping, and wildlife observation.
- Provide opportunities for outdoor classroom experiences in close proximity to schools.
- Help maintain strong public support for community conservation efforts because people can enjoy
and appreciate what is being conserved.
provides access to special places that help create a strong sense of place and
community in Pocatello and Bannock County while providing a multitude of recreational experiences
for person of all ages and abilities.
provides a place for visitors and resident bicyclists, hikers, walkers, joggers,
rollerbladers, and physically challenged people to exercise and experience the natural beauty of our
also serves as an alternative non-motorized transportation route for commutes to
work, school, parks, and recreation sites. This alternative form of transportation can help reduce air
pollution, road congestion, energy consumption, and are economical and healthy for the user and the
serves as a venue for public access to adjacent public lands.